- We live in an age of instant gratification.
- We are wired to respond to speed.
- We don’t like to wait for things.
- We are conditioned to crave.
Therefore, when we are denied immediate results, we see it as an inconvenience.
Cell phone manufacturers, the internet, social media and others have conditioned society to expect instant gratification from their products or services and this expectation has become a norm. However, instant gratification is an unrealistic expectation when it comes to your health. It is important to remember — you didn’t get this way overnight and you are not going to heal overnight either. Similarly, I didn’t heal my own Crohns disease overnight. Reflexology and Craniosacral Therapy are like eating well or working out — you can’t do it just once and expect it to have a significant and lasting impact on your health.
Stephen Covey, American educator, author and businessman, wrote about the Law of the Farm and the Law of the Town. He put it this way: In farming, natural laws and principles govern the work and determine the harvest. But in the town, we somehow think we can short-cut natural processes, cheat the system, and still win the day:
- “Can you imagine “crammimg” on the farm-forgetting to plant in the spring, flaking out all summer, and hitting it hard in the fall-and expecting to get a bountiful harvest overnight?
- Did you ever “cram” in school – goof off during the semester, then spend all night before the big test trying to cram a semester’s worth of learning into your head?” In the short term, the law of the town may appear to work. You get the degree, but you don’t get the education, In the long run, the Law of the Farm governs in all arenas of life. You can go for the “quick fixes” and techniques with apparent success, but you eventually find out there’s a difference between succeeding in school and succeeding in life.
I’m ashamed to admit it, but I crammed my way through University, when I studied to be a Chartered Accountant, my first career, thinking I was really clever. I learned to psych out the system, to figure out what the teacher wanted. I wanted the grade, but I didn’t want it to cramp my lifestyle. Fortunately, I learned the lesson and did not repeat this mistake when I studied Reflexology and Craniosacral therapy.
The Law of the Farm applies equally to our health & wellness and it is the reason why Therapeutic reflexology and Craniosacral therapy need more than one visit to get valuable and lasting results:
The human body takes time to heal, time to rehabilitate, and time to return to pre-injury levels of activity. How much time? It depends on the invasiveness and complexity of the condition. No one gets stronger or better at a task in one visit. It is a step-by-step process
Maintaining good health habits should be part of your overall lifestyle. You are more likely to sustain habits that are essential to your daily life that give you immediate and noticeable results. Living a healthy lifestyle can help prevent chronic diseases and long-term illnesses. Feeling good about yourself and taking care of your health are also important for your self-esteem and self-image.
Here’s how you can get healthy as quickly as humanly possible – and with minimal effort
If this is something that is important to you and you want more energy, vitality and fun in your life, call Arthur on 0824560155. It will be his honour to help you achieve your health goals.